Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Things I will Miss, Part 1

We are soon to conclude what has been my second tour of duty living in the Seattle area; and a fine city it is. I know I will miss the view on clear days of both Rainier and Baker. I will miss seeing the Sounders games live. I will miss the sight of crew teams racing on local waters. I will miss the view of Seattle's downtown at dusk.

I will miss how the entire town is disabled when any snow falls (sort of) and the top story of the news day being "chance of snow." I will miss Jazz Alley. I will miss our two favorite restaurants the Metropolitan Grill and Palisades. I will miss reading the Seattle Times sports page each morning. I will miss seeing the Westin Office Tower in Belltown, as that building reminds me of when I had a "real job." I will miss the view from the top of the Space Needle.

I will miss the people I worked with downtown who did not love Jesus or His Church, but were my friends all the same. I will miss seeing my friends who pastor churches in the region with truth and grace. I will always appreciate how God educated me, humbled me and transformed me during my two stints here in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment