Thursday, December 22, 2011

Things I will Miss, Part 3

I will miss Soteria Church. Throughout the past nearly seven years I have had the suspicion God had me plant this church primarily so He could do a work in my own life. I've just prayed throughout that no one else would get hurt in the process. I have learned a lot, primarily through my mistakes. There have been highs and lows, joys and sorrows, failures and successes. Some would say Soteria Church was my "baby," while others might say it was the scene of the crime. I would say it was all a work of God, and in spite of me.

I will miss meeting with the elders. We have often jousted like medieval knights but love each other and the church we are collectively called to lead and serve. I will miss Chuck's daily phone call check in's.

I will miss my Tribe who have truly become family and made our times together their priority. Seeing them grow in gospel fluency has blessed me. I will miss child-proofing the house each Thursday evening, and letting everyone know the beverage options even though they already had it memorized. I will miss how they knew to walk into the house without knocking, and how some made an immediate turn to the refrigerator.

I will miss our annual rafting trip on the Oregon Deschutes. I will miss writing sermons with Soteria Church's people in mind. I will miss driving down to the waterfront on early Sunday mornings to plead for God's mercies as I prepared to enter into worship and deliver a sermon. I will miss driving by other churches in town and asking God to give them hearts to worship in spirit and truth.

I will miss walking the streets of North Everett on Thursdays asking God to use us to make His own Name famous in town. I will miss gathering on Sunday nights with our men to pray.

I will miss the ones who came and stayed, and even the ones who came and left, for God has used all of them to teach me, humble me, and reform my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment