Monday, January 2, 2012

Just Along for the Ride

We celebrated Christmas on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday this past week. When they each returned to their own homes by Thursday morning everything changed around here. One, it got a lot quieter; not necessarily a good thing. Two, Deb and I started in with our month-long relocation project.

Just deciding what to keep, what to sell, what to mail off to the kids against their will, and what to dump took a full day. Now we have piles of things temporarily in places they do not belong. Every room in the house is a staging area. We've gone from living to preparing to live. Weird!

And while we plan our plans and do our due diligence, we got word that we will now have TWO weddings in the family this summer. Steve is marrying Sarah on July 21 in Bellingham, WA, and the recently engaged Kaycie will marry Ben in June in Grass Valley, CA. We'll move to Juneau...and then come back "stateside"...several times. I suppose my goal this year is to surpass any annual spending records I may have set in the past.

And it's all good. Really good. My "give the father's blessing" conversation with Ben was great. He didn't know the capitol of Madagascar, but he addressed my other questions quite well. I am excited for our children respectively, and I am excited for us too. Deb and I are enlarging our family, and then moving farther away from them all. Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment